Due to the non-issuance of LTO plates the last three (3) years, there has been confusion as to when the new car owners needed to renew their LTO Registration. Although, our LTO has started issuing LTO plates, we are not certain when they can complete their backlog. For new vehicles purchased from June 2015 to June 2016, these buyers are unfortunate to have LTO plates on hold because of the pending case of the supplier.
Please see below the guidelines for the renewal registration of 2018 motor vehicles initially registered in CY2015 (with 3 years LTO registration):
UNITS WITH VIRTUAL PLATES ISSUED
In accordance with the existing LTO Rules on Renewal of Registration, as determined by the last and middle digit of the virtual plated issued.
if Plate Number’s Last Digit is / Registration Month is
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
0 = October
UNITS WITHOUT VIRTUAL PLATES ISSUED
Renewal of LTO Registration for 2018 shall be on the same month indicated in the Original Receipt (OR) of Payment of its initial registration in 2015.
I had the opportunity to avail of the LTO ONLINE SERVICE to schedule an appointment with LTO Novaliches for my Isuzu Crosswind’s LTO renewal Registration. On the day of the appointment, my husband had with him our new Compulsory Third Party Liability Policy (CTPL) which is needed for the LTO Registration. Upon reaching LTO Novaliches, he entered the premises where he lined up for the
1) EMISSION TEST (outside there were several persons who flagged him down to bring the unit to their Emission Test center but my husband opted to use the services inside LTO Novaliches instead), Emission Test cost Php440 at that time
2) after the Emission Test, my husband was handed the Clearance and proceeded to the next step – where our Isuzu Crosswind’s Engine and Chassis #s where STENCILED by the LTO personnel
3) after my husband obtained the STENCILS of the Engine and Chassis, he returned to the LTO Inspector who directed him to the EVALUATION window
4) from the EVALUATION window, my husband proceeded to the CASHIER to pay for the LTO Renewal Fees
5) then he waited for a few minutes for the new LTO Registration OR of Payment to be issued.
My husband informed me that the whole process took only Thirty (30) minutes. Kudos to LTO Novaliches and the new LTO Renewal process.
By the way, those without LTO License Plates yet, you can visit the LTO ONLINE WEB PORTAL for your Motor Vehicle 7-Character Plate Backlog Inquiry